Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Checkerboard Pattern

Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 AM
TigerI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checkerboard Pattern

Can anyone tell me how to paint a black & white checkerboard pattern on my SC truck.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 AM
iamthor

Default RE: Checkerboard Pattern

Here is a start:

http://www.google.com/search?q=check...2a1dda4f65c836
Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
airbrushNC
My Feedback: (9)

That is an easy one!! Got tape? Cut your tape into small squares all the same size.  After you have fully washed the body start layeing the squares onto the inside of the body. Using a brick layers block pattern. If you have a modelers cutting mat they sometimes have a 1 inch grid layed out on it. I l lay fiscus paper on the top and carefully cut out every other block. remove the paper backing lay the fiscus, and spray the black. After it has set up pull the squares from the body they should be now clear and hit it with the white!

tape, notape,t,n,t,n,tn
no tape,tape,n,t,n,t,n
Old 07-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The car body has compound curves, so that may not work all that well.

I would spray or brush the car body with liquid mask. You can "Google" to find that stuff or a good Art & Craft shop should have it.

Once the body is covered, you can then ink out/draw your checks, or any desgn you want for that matter, then gently cut on the inked line with an X-acto knife and a #11 blade.

Pull away whatever mask you want to expose the desired areas to be painted. Remask or tape off other areas already painted if second colors are to be used.

Keep it simple or complated, it ain't rocket science. Actually really easy once you do it.

This isn't a car and it's not checks, but it was done the exact way. Instead of liquid mask, vinyl mask was used. Vinyl mask only because it was flat. I've used liquid mask on bike tanks and head gear.

Drop in a photo, I'd like to see the results.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67270.gif
Views:	59
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1636176