Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

my first body

Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 PM
ampresearch143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first body

Hey all, new to the forum but i have been into RC for quite some time now. today i thought i would try my hand at painting a body. this is just the start but i thought it would be fun to post progression shots as I go along.

to start i have sketched out the main design. very ruff idea but it will come together. Once im done filling this part in i will move to the colors and background. everything is hand drawn and painted. dont have a good system down yet since its my first but its moving along nicely. I will post more pics as i move along with it. due to all being hand painted and detailed it takes a bit longer then i expected. any and all comments are welcome

Old 07-06-2011, 05:20 PM
hound54

Default RE: my first body

wow

Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
ampresearch143

^^^ i assume that a positive wow?? hope so lol

here is some of the work i got done on it tonight

Old 07-07-2011, 03:54 AM
airbrushNC
My Feedback: (9)

Thats not something you see every day!  Very nice way to fill up space.  Painted on the inside?? If so you got small hands LOL.  Think about turning that on into a tare.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 AM
EliteReefs

why the heck did my name just change to a different account?? lol. how do i have one deleted? i must have signed up twice at some point

Old 07-07-2011, 04:54 AM
ampresearch143

thanks

Yes that was my goal when doing it. all the Rc bodies i see all have a very similar theme. Not sure why its done like that but its always, stripes, flames, blobs and other very symmetrical designs. That does not make them bad, matter a fact many of them look GREAT. I just wanted to mix it up a bit with something a little more custom, so I wanted to go in a different direction.

Yes it's all in the inside. Outside would get ruined way to fast. I am painting with very fine pin brushes little by little. First i drew on the top to get my design the way i liked it. With the nice protective film it made for a great doodle pad. Once i has happy i started to paint it all on the inside. after im done with the black i will move to detailing, shading, and color.

PS: "Think about turning that on into a tare" what does that mean?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
firestone

nice work
Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
airbrushNC
My Feedback: (9)

A tare,  Large decal or a wrap for the whole body.  Anyone would be thrilled to have that look on there truck.  But it is hard to replicate over and over! Selling a wrap may be a more cost effective way to get your work into more peoples hands, and more cash into your pocket.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:15 PM
ampresearch143

ahhh ok. thanks. not sure that a route i would want to go. heck selling bodies never even crossed my mind. if i ever did do that i would still hand paint each one so that every one is an original and one of a kind.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
ampresearch143

here is the work i was able to get done tonight. now i will start doing some digital colors to these pics to help decide what to go with.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 PM
LH 253

Awesome!

Love it!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:03 AM
icedude1989

thats just wicked man. good job up to now. lets see the finished product when it is finished
Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM
ampresearch143

Well...... back to the drawing board. in my rush cleaning a brush i dropped a jar of paint thinner right inside the body. needless to say the work thus far was quickly ruined and not the body has a big hazy spot. not worth repairing IMO.

i have another body and i plan to start all over again starting tonight. live and learn i guess
Old 07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
ampresearch143

WELL... lots of masking and a few hours later this was how I salvaged the body. As you can see, cleaning of all the old paint made the body VERY hazy so I was not willing to put a ton of work into it. I wanted simple and quick.

The remake of the original design will be reserved for my new manta body. I will post pics of that in the next few days as i get more done. Over all considering that I thought this body was a total loss I think it will make a great bashing body.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 AM
icedude1989

dude that is still way awesome!!! bad luck on the jar of thinner though. i was really excited to see you finish the colouring on the body as it was before!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:44 AM
ampresearch143

thanks.

no worries on the original. you will get to see one very much like it later this week. already got the new body and will begin work on it tonight. let just hope i dont have any butter fingers again.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Mattp261
My Feedback: (1)

The free hand one looks brilliant!! Great recovery on the "basher" body too! Looking forward to seeing the outcome of the new body.