Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

my first flamed body

Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
minimadster
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first flamed body

hey guys, this is my first rc body that ive done flames on, this is also my third body alltogether, let me know what you think, thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60711.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1702156  
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my first flamed body

not bad....
Old 12-19-2011, 01:49 PM
icedude1989

try to make better edges next time but a very good try overall. im not saying it just to make you feel better. many guys that are experienced sometimes mess up edges so dont worry about it all that much, just try for more crisp outlines if you want to get into body painting, get yourself some liquid mask. you just draw the decal on the overspray protection (outside of body), paint it on, hair-dry it, cut on the lines from the inside, remove excess and you have your mask. once you get used to it its easier that taping around curves. btw i like the colours you used. that combo always works really nice.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
minimadster

thanks for the color comment ice dude , i did use bob dively liquid mask, but, i did not know the paint i used was rotten and that my tip on my airbrush was bad, it made this spiderweb effect and it starting lifting off the liquid mask, being the first time every airbrushing i just thought some stupid spider went crazy on it . i ended up spend about 5 hrs scraping off the liquid mask because it had harded and would peel off
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
minimadster

oh, and instead of drawing on the actual body, i had printed of flames from the internet, traced them on transparecny paper, and taped it flat against the body,
Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
icedude1989

lol, check the tip of the airbrush for damage or dirt if it is sputtering. and how much air pressure where you using if it lifted the liquid mask off??!!!! normally nothing more than 35 psi should be needed for airbrushing!!! and make sure your color was reduced correctly. btw, the printed decal and then transferred to the body is another way of doing it. transferring, freehanding, whatever, i was just explaining the concept didnt know you already knew!!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:46 AM
minimadster

Hey no problem, by the way the lines on the body came out, i would have guessed that i didnt know to do that either, i was using around 25 psi, and i did find a small tare in the needle