Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Paint remover

Old 01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paint remover

I am painting a new body for my 8ight 2.0. I have some of the first color that has worked its way under the mask. I have heard of using DOT 3 brake fluid and EZ off oven cleaner. Do either off these methods actuall work? does one work better than the other? Are there any better alternatives? I hate that I may have just screwed up a brand new body. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Paint remover

I have also heard that nitro fuel work to remove paint. Guess what????? is does remove poaint! But...it also eats lexan! I tried it and it took about 2 seconds to go right thru the body so this is now a basher body so I will have to order a new one. just though I would let everybody know. Don't use nitro fuel to try and remove paint from a body[:@]
Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 AM
icedude1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paint remover

dude, dot 4 not dot 3. dot 3 fogs out the body. dot4 actually doesnt!!!!