Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

First Liquid Mask Body

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 11:01 AM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Liquid Mask Body

This is my first attempt with liquid mask.

Two coats, seemed to work pretty well. Probably could have gone to three coats to make removal easier.

I think the key to this technique is smooth knife moves. The inside of curves (tribal/flame/etc) are really tough to get smooth. My LHS recommended a shorter knife handle, and next time I'm going to try a different blade (the small curved one).

Ran into a bit of airbrush problems, and ended up shooting with an old single action Pasche instead of my double action. (Shooting glitter through a fine nozzle isn't a good idea )

This body started with a thin layer of Fascange Purple, with Fasglitter mixed in. I did the bottom edge of the car with a faint yellow fade, and backed that with white. Faspearl red around the edges of the tribal, then backed with Faspearl yellow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24715.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	61052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68177.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	61053  
Old 09-13-2003, 02:47 PM
AznAbyss952

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts