Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Looking for custom body made

Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM
MrShinyPig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for custom body made

So basically im in the uk, and i Looked for hours but no one does custom bodies, basically i want to pay for a ford focus rs500 shell for my hpi 1/8 ken block wr8 flux, right now its just the fiesta shell, but yeh, if anyone could pm me a price, or direct me to anyone that does this, that would be great, also i will pay more if you can paint it your self, matte black of course
Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Looking for custom body made

Forget it dude. Nobody will create a lexan mould to make one body sale, unless you agree to buy the mould as well (which will cost you thousands).

Add to that the fact that the HPI is a body size that is shared by only one other car on the market (Kyosho DRX and even that is not an exact wheelbase match), so would definitely not be in anyone's interest to create, not to mention the fact that most people buy the WR8 specifically FOR the stock body, it's not exactly going to be a hot-seller.

Basically, you are looking for an RS500 body with a 300mm wheelbase and 225mm width.

That rules out 1/10th bodies, which are 200mm wide at the most. It also rules out 1/8 GT bodies, as they are too long and too wide.

You really have bought the wrong car if you want to change the body for something that isn't available from HPI, no other car shares those exact body dimensions.

I suggest you keep that car as it is, and if you want to make a reproduction RS500, get a 1/10th car, it is by far your best chance. Either that or be prepared to fork out thousands of pounds to have a mould made for you. At least after that you can sell the bodies yourself, though I don't expect many WR8 owners will be interested in an ancient (albeit great) chavmobile body.