Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

prices for custom paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 08:05 AM
nitrofan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prices for custom paint

What is the average price for a custom paint job? I got one quote for $55 + the price of the body. This would make the final price about $80 or so for my X-Terminator. This seems a little high to me. Is it high, low, or average? I am not a very "artistic" or "creative" person. I understand the mechanics of a good paint job, but lack the ability to plan/execute a cool-looking scheme. I know that you have to pay for experience in any field, I just want to know what the ballpark figure for a painted 1/8 buggy body should be from a reputable painter. My self-painted body looks like crap, and needs to be replaced due to chipping paint and body cracks. what should I expect to pay?
Old 11-02-2003, 01:04 PM
studysession

Default RE: prices for custom paint

You are going to be bashing/racing etc etc --- it will get scratched to hell. Just paint something all 1 color and put stickers on it. That is good enough. Don't spend $80 bucks on a body and paint job.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:47 AM
H. Mann
My Feedback: (1)

Depends on the quality of work. I have never charged for paint. But then again, I have only done my own bodies. Something elaborate by someone like Moskito, Charlie B, HauntedMyst or someone of that caliber may well be worth the $80. And if you've seen work like theirs, you know how incredible it is. But like studysession says, if you're going to bash it, throw down a simple one or two color scheme and go with it. Don't be afraid of painting. You'll be amazed at what you can create when you try.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:23 PM
ShOzz

80 is the average price for someone who is doing s good job for ya.
i see them range between 60-120 on average and it can go even higher then that.

now if the person you get to do it is not doing you a true custom job then it should be on the low end of that scale.

hell i do stuff myself in trade for supplies only.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:33 PM
studysession

Me too - I am happy to get $30 and that includes the cost of the body. I usually spend less than $20 for a touring car body, and $4 for a store bought paint masks and then cost of my paints. That is all I ask for people to pay at the track. I just enjoy doing it.