Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Making your own decals

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making your own decals

Hi all,

Dont think that I am being cheap here I was just wondering if any of you have tried to make your own decals at home. I have the drawing part down and even have them on my computer. But now what do you do with the drawings? Do you print them backwards some how or what? What do you use? Ink Jet or laser? What type of paper? I was thinking to just print them on plain paper then covering them with clear tape "like packaging tape" and then putting them on the car or truck. Or maybe having a way to transfer them some how on to transparent paper or something. Any ideas or ways you guys are doing it?

Thanks,
Old 01-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Chrisblkz

Default RE: Making your own decals

If you already have them on your computer and have a good printer then you can buy sticker paper and then print them out but you would still have to cut them out so keep that in mind. that is probably the easiest way to do it.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

That sounds pretty easy. I was thinking that they would some how have to be backwards or something so that when they were printed then applied to the body "sticky side down" that the writting or design would be right side up. I guess the paper is set up so that it can be done like printing up a normal letter right? Thanks for the info.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Chrisblkz

na the decals are going to be going on the outside of the body so you done need to flip them.if you wanted to put them on the inside of the body then you would have to make them backwards. Just makes sure that you set up the printer to use the highest resolution when printing them and allow the picture to dry completely befour messing with it.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:46 PM
ShOzz

and if you use normal sticker paper be careful when painting as the wetnes will screw them up.