Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Odd body idea..

Old 01-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd body idea..

I'm gonna be painting a stadium truck in the next couple weeks and I had an odd idea. I've been planning to do racing stripes, but a color scheme has evaded me, till now maybe. Has anyone ever tried using window tint (the stuff ya spray) for more than windows? I'm thinking of some yellow (or white, not sure yet) racing stripes and just tinting the rest of the body. Maybe even some sort of tribal design on the side, the same opaque color as the racing stripes.. Y'all think that would be worth doing?

Also... Will the stuff you seal paint with dry clear enough to back the tint? Or will it turn it opaque?
Old 01-30-2004, 01:05 PM
jrtoons

Default RE: Odd body idea..

I think the main question is whether it will stick to the body and flex enough to not crack and peel off. If it will stay on I think it is a cool idea. I;ve seen dozens of window tint colors. I like the metallic looking ones...
Old 01-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

I think you missed it actually.. I'm not talking about using film. I'm talking about the spray on tint made by (I think....) Fascolor. It's sort of a smokey color. It goes on just like any other paint, but dries translucent.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:06 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

That sounds reallly really cool!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Savage_Dias

Would you be able to see it once it was backed with another color tho?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Well, I've scrapped this idea and going with black w/chrome stripes instead, but the tint wasn't going to be backed with anything but sealant.