Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Creatix

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:36 AM
ShOzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creatix

with all the people who are airbrushing i am curious who is using creatix to do the majority of their work?

who's using something else?

i have been messing mostly with Creatix and backing it with pactra or spaz stix when done.

my only grip with creatix is that when you peel the masking tape off sometimes it pulls the creatix off with it as it is so flexable and soft.

and you can not retape over something you have painted or it will peel that area off with it.

i have three things i am thinking of trying to correct this.

one, using a catalyst to harden the creatix upon drying.
two, using a clear spray plastic adhesive paint 1st to pull the paint to the lexan completely also making the 1st coat of color that much easier.

three, just switch to spazstix since it does not seem to have this issue. this is my last choice because over the years i have collected at least 50 or more creatix paints and i would like to use them up before switching, plus price difference for quantity is a huge difference.

so who's had what issues with what?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Creatix

Sean - I use Faskolor on all my bodies, which is the same thing as createx. Here are some tips I have found help alot.

1. This stuff takes forever to dry, but if you use a hairdryer, it dryes rock hard in about 30 seconds. Its just amazing what difference it makes.

2. Back any color you paint with white laquer from pactra. once done with the amount of coats you want, back it with the white pactra paint. Not only does it make already bright colors even brighter, but it seals and fuel proofs it. You can now remask over it with ease.

3. Use super super light coats, using the hair dryer in between. I usually have 5-7 coats of faskolor on before backing it.

I use all these tips and never have any problems, it cleans up with water, and doesnt chip.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 PM
ShOzz

what would be equal to that white laquer you mentioned at a auto paint store or art supply? a clear one would be perfect if it works and keeps the paint hard and stuck when removingtape.
i really think i am going to try this new stuff i found out about and see if it can be brought into the hobby, will be a few weeks but wheni try it i'll let ya know if it does the trick.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 PM
studysession

I use a heat gun myself. It gets over 400 - 450 degrees. I mainly use Createx paints because I can get them a lot cheaper. But for some colors I find Faskolor has more of a selection. If you use Createx, make sure you do what Nitro said with a hair dryer or heat gun. Spray then dry it. I find that Createx will run easier than Faskolor.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Nitroaddict

funny thing is, I have easy access to Faskolor, but it is almost impossible for me to find Createx in my local area.

Sean - Not sure what would be a compatible paint to the pactra paint. I would recommend only using the pactra paint as it is designed to be flexible enough to withstand racing, and it is promised to be fuel proof.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:05 AM
studysession

I mail order everything myself. Not enough local places to buy from, even if there were, the exchange rate is so high - makes it unafordable.
http://www.artsupply.com/createx/airbrush2oz.htm