Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

How much paint

Old 02-28-2004, 11:10 PM
icyunvmyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much paint

I have 9 rc bodies that Im about to start painting and would like to get all the paint at one time but I dont know how much I am going to need. Ill be using pactra paints and they come in 2/3 oz bottles. How far will one bottle of paint go in terms of coverage on a body? Will one bottle do 2 cars?
Old 02-28-2004, 11:44 PM
dragbikebam

Default RE: How much paint

if its the pactra in the arasol can you can do one car per can (about 3 coats) light first coat then two more medium coats and dont forget if your doing base colors you need to back it up with white and over coat metalics with silver or gold...trance
Old 02-29-2004, 01:17 AM
icyunvmyrc

Ill be using the airbrush paint from pactra. Those are only 2/3 oz bottles, the spray can is 3 oz. Does that mean that the 2/3 oz airbrush paint will only do a single coat over a car?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:43 AM
dragbikebam

im not sure, but with the air brush you should be able to get better coverage.i would go ahead and plan on one car per 3oz just to be safe..anyone else know for sure?.....i would think its packaged for one car(3 to 4 coats) per bottle.unless your doing some buggy bodys, they dont need as much paint because of ther small size..trance
Old 02-29-2004, 01:58 AM
icyunvmyrc

Ya i see what your saying. I plan on painting more bodies down the road too so Im just gonna stock up on paint, probably get 30 bottles total. I hope thats not too much overkill lol.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:08 AM
dragbikebam

are you painting to re-sale or do you just want that much vareity with your cars?...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86621.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	106141  
Old 02-29-2004, 02:31 AM
icyunvmyrc

Thats a sweet buick body. It is buick right? lol. And ya I hope to make a little bit of money off these but its mostly just for fun and learning. I got a good deal on all of the bodies earlier.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:33 AM
dragbikebam

its a 57 chevy that i just finished today heres a better pic

Name:	Mk25790.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	106146  
Old 02-29-2004, 02:40 AM
dragbikebam

im trying to figure out how to hook up a third radio channel and attach it to the body for up and down hydraulic action..heres an out door pic with no chassy..i think it would be the coolest to have hydraulic action i hope i would be the first to think of it but im not sure...trance

Name:	Xv63019.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	106147  
Old 02-29-2004, 02:50 AM
icyunvmyrc

Thats sweet!!! I like how you kept a simple paint job for that style body. As far as some hydro's go, I cant think of anything right now. Im guessing it might involve some more shocks with a servo attached. Ill keep thinking about it and see if I can come up with something. What kinda car is That?
Old 02-29-2004, 02:53 AM
dragbikebam

im thinking about just hooking up a rod and guide system to the middle of the body and just have the body slide up and down on the body posts..i think that would be real easy and would still look real...its not mounted on any chassy yet, i just got wheels stuck under it till i pick a chassy....trance
Old 02-29-2004, 02:59 AM
icyunvmyrc

Ya I was wondering why it looked a little funky lol. Ive got a good idea for those hydro's, and easy way that would allow the car to lift. Let me refine it and Ill post it later, probably tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:25 PM
nickd

for the hydrolic Idea
if you have ever seen cars with air bags that just go up and down eavenly
you could mount a small servo sideways with a big servo horn on it that would push the body up and down depending on the position of the sevo
Old 03-01-2004, 09:36 AM
vge

trance - that would be very cool. but sorry you are not the first to do the hydraulics. Actually I picked up that XX Main #2 DVD and they had a car in the video with the hydraulics. The car looked like it was a Tamayia TL01 souped up. Not sure how they had the car moving like they did. They actually had it moving on all four wheels like a real car. it could do all sorts of things. I would love to have one. Too bad no one makes a kit like that. these guys had to be using a 5 or 6 channel remote. The car drove and could turn left and right. it could raise up on either or all wheels at once. it could ride on two wheels. it was awesome. check out the DVD. I picked it up on ebay for $20 shipped. !QUOT!XXX Main part 2!QUOT!. The one with the hot silhouette on the front.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
dragbikebam

cool, i will check it out..thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 03:32 AM
TikiKustoms

i also saw a car featured in rc car action about 5 years back that had the "hydraulics". i believed they had 4 servos one for each wheel and used a servo saver type horn to give it some spring action and used them in place of shocks and springs. i think they also used a 57 chevy body too lol. i will look to see if i can find the issue it was in.
drew