Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

How do you attach the body without the body posts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

How do you attach the body without the body posts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 05:07 PM
donoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you attach the body without the body posts?

Sorry, I asked this question earlier but nobody answered so I'm posting it here. It looks awesome without the body posts sticking out!!! Does it hold on pretty well when you roll the car during races?
Old 07-14-2004, 06:36 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: How do you attach the body without the body posts?

Velcro, Zip ties, etc
Old 07-14-2004, 07:28 PM
FlyingMist

Default RE: How do you attach the body without the body posts?

I use zipties myself on my peterbuilt body, but only because I misdrilled the front holes, and as such I would have had to make a major adjustment to it like 1", so I put some stickers over the holes, and ziptied the front "bumper" part of the shell to the front bumper of the car. Held very well and since I painted the truck in red and used red zipties, nobody even noticed the two tiny zipties in the front bumper.

The rear I still use the body mounts, because it really needs something hard to hang on to when turning it up on its lid after a hard landing.