Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Parma 1/8 GRAVEDIGGER

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:49 PM
fireguy01
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parma 1/8 GRAVEDIGGER

anybody know if this body will fit the new Losi LST ?
Old 08-23-2004, 11:52 PM
RC Jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Parma 1/8 GRAVEDIGGER

Yes it will, if you're refering to the wheelbase aspect. Is it a straight swap? No. You'll have to fabricate mounts, front & rear. Be creative.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:20 AM
fireguy01

OK thanks for the reply. i can be creative. without having the body in hand, i figure its the width of the body post locations versus the width of the center of the panel truck. maybe aluminum rods can be tapped at center and curved in and up on a bender. now if somebody will make a powder coated roll cage for the LST chassis in XBOX game case green ? LOL ! i know humbrol has a similar enamel to match the color for the black chassis braces. i guess i will forget about making it look right and just modify the body posts to fit the shell.
thanks !
Old 08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
RC Jack

The Parma Gravedigger body is one of the widest available for a 1/8th. I have a guy in Wisconsin painting one for me to my specs and he sez that this body is the biggest body he's seen, so, there's plenty of room to make just about any kind of mount.
As for a rollcage, you could use the [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/prod29.htm?session_id=easksxktoxothcjxtejjbejvrern rssn]NewEra Monster Pirate rollcage[/link], tho not in Xbox green. I have one that I modified to fit my truck, Pie Wagon. I'm sure that there are others out there, but, not nearly as strong. Your other alternative is to fabricate your own cage. A brazing torch & 1/4" brakelines are all that's needed.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:43 AM
fireguy01

OK Jack thank you very much for all the advice. I am familiar with the NewEra product and also have saved an article from RC Car Action on fabricating a rollcage out of brass tubing and torch but that is a skill I presently do not posses. Maybe a direct inquiry to NewEra to custom powder coat a cage in the color ? On the other hand I am sure with time there will be many aftermarket parts available like the T-Maxx explosion.

Prishy-ate-cha
Old 08-26-2004, 11:45 AM
teamsquirreltail

Jack, that painter doesn't happen to be Troy Shear, is it?
Old 08-26-2004, 01:46 PM
RC Jack

ORIGINAL: teamsquirreltail

Jack, that painter doesn't happen to be Troy Shear, is it?
No. the guy's name is Tim Pennington. This is his website: [link=http://home.woh.rr.com/overthetop/]Over the Top.[/link]
Old 08-27-2004, 07:10 PM
fireguy01

well jack, i just saw one sittin on what i believe to be an LST. some guy is selling a couple on ebay stickered and painted. i have decided i dont like it now. it just doesnt look right to me with those big meats. but i will tell you what i do like - and thats those HPI el camino bodies from your painter for hire - over the top. but i am afraid that the el camino body wont look right on there either. maybe i will just wait to see what comes out for the LST, MGT, TNX & CEN Genesis. looks like a trend.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:16 PM
RC Jack

Well, here's what it looks like on Pie Wagon:

Old 08-28-2004, 09:27 AM
fireguy01

man looks like you got some coin sunk into that puppy. ya got enough shocks on that ? mostly custom isnt it ?
Old 08-28-2004, 03:52 PM
RC Jack

Yea, there is some "coin" sun into it, over $5,000, machining & materials. It's not mostly custom, it's 100% custom designed, engineered & machined by me. Pie Wagon was major feature in the July issue of RC Nitro. Check it out.

BTW, 2 shocks were removed in favor of a new suspension design, a 3 stage system, so there are only 10 now. The 3 stage has some of the smoothest suspension action available. My 4 year old grandson sat on it and it didn't even bottom out. This isn't to say that the suspension is stiff, it's progressive, the more downward force, the stiffer it gets. Basically, at static height, the suspension is "soft". Plus it's totally independant, front & rear.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:12 PM
fireguy01

AWESOME ! geez i usually read that mag cover to cover too.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:40 PM
rustlerman1

HEY!
Did you know ur pie wagon was featured in a issue of rc driver also? i remember cuz it said its like 20 some odd lbs.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:39 PM
fireguy01

uhhhh, not to be rude or nuthin but thats Jack's (RC Jack-RCU) and I am sure he knew that it was in there.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:34 PM
RC Jack

ORIGINAL: begginerrcer

HEY!
Did you know ur pie wagon was featured in a issue of rc driver also? i remember cuz it said its like 20 some odd lbs.
Yea, but, that was a while back. By the way, it weighs 16.39lbs, not 20 as RC Driver said.