Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Air compressor recommendations?

Old 09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
sonicman99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air compressor recommendations?

Can anyone make any recommendations for an air compressor for use with an airbrush. I've seen dozens of them either on ad at local Hardwars stores, or on the internet, etc. and I'm not entirely sure what to look for when choosing. I've seen some labeled as "oil-free operation" and various ranges of PSI, and I know some actually don't come with an on/off switch. What specs do you consider to be the most important? Is there a particular brand/model that you would recommend? Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to stay under $150 if possible, but I would be willing to wait a little longer and save up some more money if I need to go with a more expensive compressor.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 05:05 PM
SilentWolv

Default RE: Air compressor recommendations?

On a recommendation from Humboltzblazer, I bought this one, and very happy with it. Its a small Sears 2-gallon. A little on the noisey side. Open a Sears charge, and you can get it for $89. If you're going to be spraying Acrylics like FasKolor, this one will do the 40lbs+
[link=http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0413281010.1094162221@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccdhadcmhejdgmecehgcemgdffmdfko.0&vertical=TOOL&pid=00915210000]Sears Compressor[/link]
Old 09-02-2004, 05:25 PM
frozen

I have a air compresser and I was wondering what adapter to use with the compresser to connect the airbrush.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Nitrofreak_105

would a deltA cp200 work?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Ram008

I use a 2 gallon Campbell Hausfeld compressor that I picked up last year from Walmart. I think they are normally about $80-90, it's probably the same as the Sears one, as mine is a bit noisy as well. The Walmart I got it from was blowing them out on clearance for $25 to get rid of them and I picked one up. It's a 1/3 horse and doesn't have enough power to inflate a vehicle tire or anything like that, but works excellent for airbrushing and blowing the dirt off the cars after I'm done running.