Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

how long in brake fluid???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
shredder111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long in brake fluid???

Im attempting to strip my rc car body of its paint I put a test squirt of brake fluid on my car. How long should I let it set before cleaning or seeing any affects????

Thanks, Shredder111[>:]
Old 11-12-2004, 07:08 AM
PrototypeTc3

Default RE: how long in brake fluid???

i hear that break fuild don't work that much and paint thinner will eat the lexan "done tryed"
Old 11-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Yea anyhow...how do you strip a body thats messed up.haven't needed to do it yet,but I'm sure the day's a comin'
Old 11-16-2004, 01:13 AM
69 GTO

I'll give you the same reply i just gave the guy in the other post. My honest opinion is that there is nothing that will strip the paint off a lexan body without destroying it.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:28 AM
neil.jb

it will look like crap, the lexan will be ruined and foggy, just bite the bullet and get a new body, put it down to experiance and dont mess any more paint jobs up
Old 11-17-2004, 03:37 AM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard the other day about practising your painting on the inside of old 2 liter coke bottles!
that way you can see the paint effect from the outside & practise painting on curved surfaces
Old 11-17-2004, 02:53 PM
trible10
My Feedback: (6)

Well I've used all different types and methods, including EZ-Off several times on diiferent types of paint and so far EZ-Off Heavy Duty (the yellow can)works the best and doesn't ruin the body unless it's left on for 3 or hours. I usually spray it on an let it sit for about 30-45 min, then I use an old toothbrush or green scrubbing pad (make sure you wear gloves). Then I thouroughly wash the body with dish washing liquid and reapply the EZ-Off if needed. Make sure you always wash the body between EZ-Off soaks. This is the method I've used on my last 3 repaints of old bodies I bought off of Ebay and various forums and so far it's worked on all of them. I just used it to strip the paint from an Eclipse body and I'm going to give it a trible flame job as soon as I purchase another airtank for my brush. I hope this helps and good luck. Remember to think safety first......wear gloves and make sure you work in a well ventilated area. Also if you don't want to mess up your sink, use an old pot or big glass casserole dish. I use my sink.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:07 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Hay Trible10 thanks for the EZ-off tip it worked great. I had some bad paint that just would not dry, and that stuff took it right off, leaving a nice clear body.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:41 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

I have left the ez off on all night. No problems. THe longer you let it sit the less scrubbing you have to do.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:42 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

brake fluid will leave a residue you can't wash off.