Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

3m mask

Old 12-22-2004, 02:27 PM
shredder111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3m mask

i dont have any paint yet but I want to start my project by masking now so i dont have to do it later. how long does mask last and if on too long does it leave af film behing? Im doing a evader st with one yellow paintdrip covering a second black paint drip with the windows outlined yellow and rest of body blue cool huh?

thanks!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:38 PM
69 GTO

Default RE: 3m mask

Anytime you use mask you should always wipe the lexan after you peel it of to remove and residue so thats not a big concern. You can leave it one for awhile just make sure to press the edges down again when your reay to paint in case any of them raised up a bit while it was just sitting.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:03 PM
shredder111

What should I wipe it with without taking off paint from paint job???
Old 12-23-2004, 12:36 AM
69 GTO

A lint free rag is the best thing to use. I use to just use a clean tissue but there is always a bit of white lint that comes off of them so recently i have been using the yellow pads that you use for cleaning electronic devices such as CD player reading eyes (they use to use them for cleaning records but most guys here will probably ask me "whats a record")

If you do use something that might have a bit of lint on it you can always lightly blow the area off with some compressed air if you have a compressor. Just dont wipe to painted area very hard and you wont have to worry about rubbing any paint off.