Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Body widening

Old 02-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Mercruisin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body widening

Hi, I am running a custom frame, with an HPI RS4 2 nitro chassis. I bought the Parma 49' Merc body and the pimpin wire wheels to go with it. But the whole width is too wide for the body. i can make it a bit narrower by shaving the drive hexes, but not enough for th wheels to fit inside the body. I was wondering if anybody knows of a way that i could maybe bend the body around the wheels and hold it there with something inside. Like, glued on the inner surface to keep a certain shape. And if i do glue it, what kind of glue should i use, so not to do anything to the paint.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:42 AM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Body widening

hmm thats a tricky question. the fact that you have a wide stance wheelbase would ahve made me assume you wanted to see the tires a bit. but as for flexing the bosy out so that it covers tem im not really sure how that would look because its still going to look flexed. i dont know a whole lot about on-raod cars but i would think that shaving the drive hex prolly isnt a good idea.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:52 PM
firelizard

I don't know much about the materials, but maybe it would be possible for you to shape some over-fenders or fender flares out of thin, light plastic. I don't know if this is possible or has been done before..
Old 02-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Mercruisin

ok, that would probably work. i'll try to get my hands on some kind of plastic for wheel covers. it will just be for the back wheels. i think the reason why my wheels stick out is because they have a different offset than the majority of rims out there.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Cummins

Where did you get the PARMA body from?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Mercruisin

i picked up the parma body about a year ago while at college from my then local hobby shop. if you must know, it was a place called ideal hobbies (www.idealhobbies.com) i had to get it ordered in. i have never seen it at any other shops around. you can find it on the parma website, or just run a search on google for "49 mercury" pictures. there is a site from team duze that has a few merc bodies. they also sell them painted. (this is where i borrowed my picture from until i get my body painted)
Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 AM
aliens8mycow

tower has 'em: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAHT1&P=7
Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Dare82
My Feedback: (2)

wow...i thought it was gonna be around thirty to fourty bucks...
Old 02-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Cummins

Thanks, I've gotta get me one of them... I live in Engalnd though, which complicates things...