Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

HPI 1965 Mustang with Painted Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 04:18 AM
big.mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI 1965 Mustang with Painted Stripes

Here is a shot of the new HPI 65 Mustang I did, I used the Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor as my theme...ALL of the stripes and GT500 are all painted on (I made my own custom vinyl mask I use for this car). Let me know what you think. Thought I had better pics...Oh well, here's a couple more I did as well.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Dare82
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HPI 1965 Mustang with Painted Stripes

Wow, nice! I'm kinda confused though. You have three of the same bodies in different colors?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:05 AM
big.mike

Thats because I do custom paint work, these were all for customers. I have 4 Mustang bodies that I'll be painting here soon, that is after I catch up with the other bodies I need to paint.

Bigmike
Old 08-16-2005, 09:07 AM
SirAIGman

thats no rc body, look in the windsheild, you see a open axle like a toy a kid pushes around..walmart advertiser!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: SirAIGman

thats no rc body, look in the windsheild, you see a open axle like a toy a kid pushes around..walmart advertiser!!!
did you ever think maybe that is simply for display? The bodies are resting on the tires and not mounted to anything. They are HPI bodies, not Wal-Mart toys. Why are you so ready to call someone out?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
big.mike

If you had any common sense whatsoever you would notice that it is hollow inside...It is a 200mm lexan 1965 Mustang body from HPI I take my pictures with wheels to give it a better look than just setting it on the table...As far as the Walmart comment....It is not even worth responding to.

Thanks Acs_guitars for your comment, at least some people know what they are looking at
Old 08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

those are pretty looking shells [8D]
Old 08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Stalefish

bigmike those are fantastic!!! I really like that metallic gray. Ever come across the "Elenor" Mustang body from "Gone in 60 Seconds"?? I'm going to get that new 2005 Mustang GTR body from HPI, too sweet!!!!!!!!

Jay-
Old 08-16-2005, 05:23 PM
SirAIGman

wow..pathetic that NO ONE can take a joke. i admit, i did think they were fake bodies that were put on wheels and axles..but the walmart thing was a total joke.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:42 PM
big.mike

ORIGINAL: SirAIGman

wow..pathetic that NO ONE can take a joke. i admit, i did think they were fake bodies that were put on wheels and axles..but the walmart thing was a total joke.
No problem...It IS kinda funny now. It's sometimes hard to know on forums...I have been on dozens of forums from cars to paintball and most of the time it is not a joke. I typically don't do forums just because of the flaming that goes on, but this really seamed like a cool site that I could contribute my experiences to.

If I can help anyone with questions about painting or masks or single color decals then I will do my best. It sucks to have tons of talented people out there that never pass down their experiences to the up and comers...So the up and comers are then forced to basically re-invent the wheel. By no way am I saying I am talented, but I have done plenty in my 42 years to possibly help with some shortcuts. All I do anymore, since injuring my back, is paint RC Car/Truck bodies for people. I have painted somewhere in the realm of 120 or so cars, so if there is a shortcut or something that makes the end product that much better, I will research until found.

I'd like to share some of my projects to those who are interested and help teach them how to get similar results with Airbrushing.

Bigmike
Old 08-23-2005, 11:13 AM
big.mike

Here is another one I did last night...It was going to be a customers car but found a small crease in the front valance, so I did one for MY RS4

I have not painted a body for me or my son in almost a year, thought I was due...

All of the colors used are Auto Air Paints. The main color is Sparklescent Mango Orange with Pearl White, Sparklescent Tequilla Yellow and Sparklescent Rock Star Red flames all outlined in Pearl Blue pinstripping. It was then hit with a couple coats of Parma Faskoat to protect it all.

AND

Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Dare82

Woah...that's nice! It has a different feel of flames to it.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 PM
boarding2427

wow big mike you do an awsome job at painting these body's keep up the great work
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 PM
pyrodon

Three words to big.mike Nice, Nice, Nice.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
speenair

couple o questions. How do u do that masking job for the lettering? and i thought that HP body was a gt 350? and where are those rims from. And DANG that is the sexiest body i have ever seen.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:31 PM
big.mike

WOW, thanks guys...Lots of practice .

The masks I use are made by myself on my vinyl cutter. Yes the HPI is a GT 350 but I copied all of the stripes to a vector format (took like 7 hours to get them right) and chaged it to a GT 500 and am able to paint any stripe color I choose instead of the blue ones that come with the car. I am doing a Bronco now for the guy that bought the Red Mustang. I am reversing the colors, it will be White with Red stripes and it says "302" on the side stripes...looks pretty cool so far.

The wheels are ones I bought off ebay for taking pictures to display the bodies, there are a 24mm wide wheel so tire selection is limited. Magma is one that carries them on ebay. The best way to find them is to go into the remote control department of ebay and type in RED or YELLOW or WHITE WHEELS and go through the different styles. Not the best way to find them but thats how I did it.

Bigmike
Old 08-28-2005, 08:27 PM
speenair

Thanks man those bodies are so sexy. I am going to do one
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM
speenair

i forgot one more thing. what chasiis are those body and rims sitting on.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:37 AM
big.mike

They are for the RS4 size cars...Mine (the orange one) is on my 18SS kit.

Bigmike