Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

New Pro-Line 72 Chevy Shortbed Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:55 PM
big.mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pro-Line 72 Chevy Shortbed Pickup

Here are some shots of the New Pro-Line 72 Chevy Shortbed Trucks I have painted...These New Models from Pro-Line are very impressive. I have always liked the HPI and Pro-Line bodies the best, I think they look closer to the real thing (most of them anyways). These are the nice .060 thick bodies and are very ridgid.

And

And I did a wood bed look...Looks okay

Here are 2 more

And

Hope you guys like them...

Oh Yea, here is my web page I am putting together with some of the stuff I have done. Keep checking back as I am constantly updating it.

[link=http://members.cox.net/the-terminator/Savage%20Truck%20Paintjobs.htm]Bigmikes Custom Bodies[/link]

Mike
Old 10-02-2005, 07:33 PM
rushrtr3
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New Pro-Line 72 Chevy Shortbed Pickup

I agree, proline and HPI have the best bodies. Great job with the paint jobs. How did you do the wood look?
Old 10-02-2005, 07:39 PM
big.mike

ORIGINAL: rushrtr3
How did you do the wood look?
It depends on if you like it or not

Mike
Old 10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Hummer Man

I too am interested in how you did the wood bed! Looks nice!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:04 PM
big.mike

I taped the bed using 3/4 in tape with 1/16 in tape between the 3/4 pieces. I would then pull off one 3/4 piece at a time to spray the first coat to give it it's own unique look, otherwise if you shot it all together it will look like a full sheet of plywood and not give the same effect....

I painted each slat individually with Auto Air Beige paint (pretty heavy) and then drug a peice of scotchpad over it. I would then hit it with a hairdryer and move on the the next slat (remove the next peice of 3/4 tape). Repeat until bed is covered. Then I went over it with Auto Air Lite Brown (even though they are now all exposed, I still only did one at a time) and used the same technique of dragging a scotchpad over the wet paint, dry each time with hairdryer.

The next step was to duplicat the second step but used Auto Ait Dark Brown. I would then I pulled off all of the 1/16 pieces of tape and hit the whloe bed area with Alcladd II chrome, followed by a black backer....DONE

Of course with everything, practice the scotchpad technique on a 1 litre coke bottle to get the hang of it. I tore mine in half and used the ripped side for a more uneven look.

Here are a couple of other ones I did but I did not use beige because I wanted a darker look

And

Check out some of my other stuff...

[link=http://members.cox.net/the-terminator/Savage%20Truck%20Paintjobs.htm]Bigmike's Paintjobs[/link]

Mike