Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Flame paint masks?

Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flame paint masks?

This weekend I plan on getting a body some paint "spray cans" and maybe try one of those basic flame paint masks.
I never used one,are they pretty easy?
My question is look at this body for a example http://cgi.ebay.com/Parma-200mm-56-C...QQcmdZViewItem
I see theres like a black outline around the flame,most flame jobs have these kinda makes it stand out better,do the masks have this,or is that some custom painting.The mask will be just the flame its self,no outline that peels off?
Can you guys post some basic paint jobs done with masks,I wont be using a airbrush so im looking to go pretty basic,Thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
marzac2

Default RE: Flame paint masks?

I got some from Spaz Stix and can tell you that, yes the only come with the flame. No outline. You would have to run your own pin stripe for the outline on the flame. Or may I suggest using two colors like red and orange. Do a fade with the red aimed at the tips of the flames and the orange every where else.

After I had finished using the flame mask for the first time, I really wished I took the time to do the outline (soo tedious).

Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:12 PM
discgolfer72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

parma has a flame outkine mask and a regular flame mask you could buy the outline mask lay it down then use masking tape to cover the insibe of the outline paint then remove masking tape paint again remove the outline mask then paint again and u would have outlined flames heres some of my exp with mask and tamiya spray paints
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94574.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	398800  
Attached Images   
Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
-Inverted-

I just use pactra trim tape to outline my bodies.