Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Lexan Glosscoat/decal sealer?

Old 02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
mydartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexan Glosscoat/decal sealer?

This may sound stupid, but does anyone know if someone makes a gloss coat or decal sealer for the outside of lexan bodies(to seal the stickers/decals once applied to the bodies so they don't peel)? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:52 PM
scott202

Default RE: Lexan Glosscoat/decal sealer?

if your applying decals to an unpainted body put them on the inside of the case.

can you not buy clear some sort of clear glue and paste a thin layer of that onto them?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:11 PM
mydartswinger

I'm applying the decals that come with the body(therefore designed for the outside of the body), and was just wondering if there was a product made to spray on the outside of the body. Something similar to what you would use on a plastic model kit(i.e. Testors Glosscote #1261). It's not that big of a deal, I was just trying to find out if I could add a layer on the outside of the body between the stickers and the scratching surface(grass, dirt, gravel, pavement, etc...). Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Roback

http://xxxmain.com/glue.shtml Has A Glue U Put On The Face Of A Picture And Stick On The Inside Of The Body And Then Just Paint Over Them.
My Hyper 7 Body Is In The Works Right Now With A Shrek2 theme Or A Van Helsing Theme