Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Newb

Old 04-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Supremo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb

You guys might know me cause I posted "I'm a noob" in differend sections of this forum... Any way, how do you paint your car? I mean from scratch. I'm totaly cluless. I've looked in previous posts but I could find anything I would undrstand... As I said I'm cluless. like the painting from the inside O_o. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:20 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newb

first cut the body out. Use exacto knife and scribe it around the edges. Then you should be able to break the scribed edge. Don,t try to cut through the body w/ the knife. You will hurt yourself eventually. Next mask off all the windows. Most bodies come w/ them. If you are doing a single color(which I recommend for the first couple) you are ready paint. Grab the body by the roof and hold it inside up now put a light coat of paint on the inside of the body. Let it dry. Repeat until you have 4-5 coats After you are finished an its dry, remove the window masks and outside protective film. Done!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:20 AM
REVOlution-05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newb

http://www.rctech.net/articles/paint...ntedmyst.shtml

here is a website you can go look at for instruction on how to paint. There are lots of websites on how to paint if you have a little patients to search them out.