Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Airbrush questions

Old 04-14-2006, 10:38 PM
7perfect7
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbrush questions

Hey guys Im sure that this has been asked before but instead of digging up old threads I thought I would just ask. Anyways Im looking at getting an my first airbrush, I've been doing some research and Im having a hard time pinpointing which one to get.... have not really heard which brands are good and which are not. I have found a website that has been reccomended Bearair.com and I am rather interested in the Peak c-5 brush and the polar bear twin piston compressor, but before I go drop $300 I wanted to know what you guys would recommend. Thanks
Old 04-15-2006, 10:32 AM
michelob78

Default RE: Airbrush questions

I use an Iwata Eclipse BCS and love it, I got mine for around $90. You cannot go wrong with an Iwata, as for air, it depends what you want. If noise is not a factor a plain compressor from sears will be fine just make sure you get an oil-less one. If noise is a moderate concern you can get an airbrush specific one. I live in a townhouse, so noise is very important I use compressed CO2. You can get them at places that sell soda and beer equipment or welding shops.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
7perfect7
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Airbrush questions

I read some where that the Peak C-5 from bearair is actually a rebadged Iwata... does anyone know if that is true or not? Also noise will be a concern and I noticed that to shoot parma faskolor they reccomend running 40-70 psi. But when looking at the airbrush specific compressors a majority were max 30-35 psi, except for the higher end model of course. The compressor I want will do 40 psi is this ok to shoot faskolor with or what?