Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Total newbie questions about Paasche VL

Old 05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
mgarzoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total newbie questions about Paasche VL

O.K I bought a new Paasche vl. to start painting bodies. After using it for a little trying to get the feel for it I have a few queston.
1. There is a cutout on the tail end of it so you can grab the needle I think it the needle. The manual says its used to clear a plug. Well I pulled it back and for some reason the trigger got kind of messed up. Can some one give me an example of how and when this is used.
2. There is a little knob in front of the trigger that is for a predetermined amount of paint? Can someone enlighten me on this function as well. I adjusted it both way and I couldnt notice any difference either way.
3.Last but not least it has some sort of easy to clean cap or something that all you have to do is use your fingers to clean it?

Airbrushing is totally foreign to me so I really dont have a clue what I am doing. If someone could give me a hand I would apprieciate it.

Thanks,Mike
Old 05-25-2006, 11:24 PM
RCInfusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Total newbie questions about Paasche VL

ORIGINAL: mgarzoli

O.K I bought a new Paasche vl. to start painting bodies..... If someone could give me a hand I would apprieciate it.

Thanks,Mike
Hey Mike, please see below.
1. There is a cutout on the tail end ...
Typically you would use this feature when the paint you're using tends to dry in the tip as you're painting and inhibit the spray. If you pull the needle back without having the trigger pulled back all the way, the trigger can fall in a bit and bind, make sure you pull back all the way on the trigger and then use it to open up the tip even more and blast out the obstruction (away from your piece).

2. There is a little knob in front of the trigger...
This screw is used to hold the trigger open to a pre determined amount, in case you need to have an exact adjustment consistently, I've never used it in 25 years.

3.Last but not least it has some sort of easy to clean cap...
This is just referring to the sloped shape of the regulator the tip pokes through, some airbrushes have a recessed conical shape to their regulators and you actually have to unscrew it each time to clean it, on the Paasche it's a nice feature.

Hope this helps. You can find a few more painting tips at http://www.rcinfusion.com/Tips_Painting.aspx
Regards, Rob