Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Best way to start

Old 06-01-2006, 09:37 PM
C3Racing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to start

Got a new C6-R body and i was wondering what now Do i need to paint first ? then trim and reme the body post holes out ? or reme the mounting holes first to get the body centered so its easy to see where to mark the holes while the body is clear? Or can i trim the whole body then paint? The body does have the paint and peel protective film on the body so thats why i askek the last Q.

Thank you for any advice.

C3
Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM
MaxxThrasher

Default RE: Best way to start

It's much easier to cut first, then paint as long as the body is for you. If your selling the body, just paint and let the customer cut to fit their ride.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
michelob78

Default RE: Best way to start

Do all the trimming, make sure all the bumpers and everything are on so you know it will fit. I just dimple the body post holes and ream them after I am done painting. I have had paint seep under the protective coating and stick to the body, not a real big problem because it will wipe right off with a touch of alcohol, but why bother with the hassle.