Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

1st Paint Job HELP!!!

Old 06-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Firefighter7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Paint Job HELP!!!

Ok guys I'm gonna need some help with this one!!! I'm getting ready to do my first paint job with a airbrush. I know exactly what I want but not really sure how to do it and its kinda hard to explain, but I will try my best.

Ok what I want is Candy Apple Red over Black with I guess you would call them ghost or smoke lines with a gun smoke grey or white color, heavy towards the front and getting lighter as they come towards the rear of the shell.

If any body can picture what I'm trying to explain could ya maybe try to walk me through it. THANKS
Old 06-18-2006, 06:28 AM
claccytim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st Paint Job HELP!!!

mask out the ghost lines first, then spray from the front to the back, moving the airbrush away from the body as you go towards the back, this will produce the fade you want, if you want the lines to still be ghosted at the heaviest point then start with the airbrush a bit further from the body than normal, and make sure the lines dont get a solid colour, then remove the mask, and spray the red, then back with black. This is of course presuming you mean you want the black behind the red, and not that you want a red and black finish. Be sure to post pics of the finished body....

Tim