Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Metal flake

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 09:44 AM
teamcatf7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal flake

Is it possible to get a good metal flake look by applying a clear metal flake and then paint the desired color behind it? Has anyone done this? I am too cheap to buy an airbrush so it would be with spray cans
Old 07-04-2006, 05:45 AM
Rx79394

Default RE: Metal flake

glitter? sounds like you can do it, u would just need to do it section by section. I don't know if the paint will hold it, it should though.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
rcracecardesign

There are several ways to paint metalflake. If you want say a red or blue color, spray the inside of the body candy red, then mix yourself some clear with silver metalflake, now when you look at the body in a normal way from the outside it will be red metalflake. Now if you want a multi colored body, jsut mask off what you want red, blue, green whatever colors you choose, then spray your silver flake. After you have finished with every color and the flake go over everything with silver paint. I've been doing this for years with no problems, however, I do use all urathanes as I own a auto body shop.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:57 PM
teamcatf7

yeah but i am cheap and use rattle cans. Do you know if translucent is the same as metal flake?
Old 07-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Snowman33
Banned

I think testors or one of the model paint companies makes a metal flake or shimmer line
Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
goofy_txn
My Feedback: (1)

Get Fast coat, apply with a brush real thick. Put your fastglitter in a salt shaker and go at it! THen back with black!