Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

***Tip Needed on Painting

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:42 PM
jonsmilez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Tip Needed on Painting

hi guys,
i wanna paint my 2nd bmw m3 body using a blue and silver... i want to paint it with stripes on the side, and some blue on top.. similar to the 1 from Need for Speed Most wanted... here are pictures, and i would like to make it similar? what paint do i start wiht? silver or blue? how do i tape that pattern.. it seems like a very hard task but its something i want to do.. buti would require some help from anybody that can help!!! thank youu
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17240.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	615961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36950.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	615962  
Old 02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
RcGuY07

Default RE: ***Tip Needed on Painting

i am not positive but i think u would go with the blue first, dont trust me bt i think it is because it would be hard for the silver to show through the darker blue
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
jonsmilez

thats what i was thinking, but i think i just changed my mind, i think its gunna b 2 hard.. but if someone wants 2 steal my idea, show me how it looks after lol but thx n e way
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
rcdude37

try a scrap piece with the silver backed with white... the back it again with the blue... that might work, depending on what type of paint you use and how you use it... just make sure you test it before you shoot it on the body! clear soda bottle or whatnot... my guess is this would work with the white, by the time the blue shows through the white it would look more gray, you might be ok.... or you can use some liquid mask rather than tape, then cut the blue sections out and shoot those then the silver... one other thing, i know u said similar, but swap the colors... that would give you what you want as far as the paint job and similar but different... just a few things to think about and try... good luck, looks like it would be a nice looking shell when finished
Old 02-08-2007, 01:28 PM
yeeharacing

If it's a lexan body and your painting from the inside, you need to paint the blue first back the blue with white for a brighter blue.
Then demask and pain the whole thing silver. Then back the silver with white to make it pop.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:42 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tricky pary would be masking it all - might want to consider liquid mask maybe?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
bethgeary

I'm part of a hobby shop that does custom painting and airbrushing. If your using spraypaint, it won't take long to dry. First you want to either use liquid mask from Parma or use their blank masks to cut your own strips an place them on the body before you paint. You always want to try to have your wheel hubs trimmed out first. Always spray your base coat(which would be your silver) first, then give that 5-10 minutes to dry depending on what your using. Then remove the masks then spray your blue. That should help it to come out just right. If you have any more questions, give us a call (1-618-786-6433) or go to our website and email us.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Cas_NitroGT

actully the car from NFSMW that you wan't to paint your car like... its actully a very simple idea... all even sized stripes... but I think it would look pretty cool... and if this is your first body, man everyones 1st body isn't all great. but I think if you did this design with those colors Blue first and then sivler then coat it all in white... it would come out pretty good... I'll be doing my 1st body paint but I've got alot of painting thats been done under the belt * graffiti * but I hope to see your car when its done... I always loved that bmw in the game...
Old 02-09-2007, 04:32 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all the cars, paints, vinyls etc on NFSMW it's actually a great tool for designing your next rc car body... You can see what colours and desings work without spending any money!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
silent_echo

i use forza to design my rc bodies, the system they use is the most customizeable thing ive seen in a video game. i dunno if need for speed most wanted is better though, never played it[&:]