Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

What is Thinner?

Old 02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
skeeter_ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Thinner?

I went and bought some Testor paint for my airbrush today. I noticed several things. It had Airbrush thinner and paint brush cleaner included. Isn't this just a good quality paint thinner(acetone) from the hardware store. It seems like it would be very expensive in those little bottles. Also how do you meassure out the paint and thinner to be mixed in the jars. Thanks for any help you can give. It seems there's going to be a large learning curve for this.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:59 PM
aer-wubby

Default RE: What is Thinner?

ORIGINAL: skeeter_ca

I went and bought some Testor paint for my airbrush today. I noticed several things. It had Airbrush thinner and paint brush cleaner included. Isn't this just a good quality paint thinner(acetone) from the hardware store. It seems like it would be very expensive in those little bottles. Also how do you meassure out the paint and thinner to be mixed in the jars. Thanks for any help you can give. It seems there's going to be a large learning curve for this.
I'm assuming the paint thinner included is best suited for the Testor paints.. But I hope you're not using Testor paint on lexan bodies.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 PM
skeeter_ca

Default RE: What is Thinner?

No, actually i'm just painting some plastic model planes for now.