Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

How to paint 2-tone flames...

Old 03-10-2007, 10:10 AM
WackoWasko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to paint 2-tone flames...

Hello, I want to paint a '32 Ford Hemi, but don't have access to an airbrush. Is there anyway to make a flame job (without yellow AND orange in the flame) so that I only need 2 cans of paint? Or should I just buy some internal/external graphics?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:01 AM
PaulC2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to paint 2-tone flames...

Theres not really many things you cant do with airbrush that cant be done with an aerosol, and flame paintjobs isnt one of them.

You just need to mask off a design, either with masking tape or with a pre-cut paintmask and there are plenty of options out there if your looking for a flame style, it requires a fairly delicate hand and a bit of patience and reasonable planning, but its not hard to do, theres plenty of aerosol painters who have done this and plenty more will.