Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

GT2 Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
kxbeastrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT2 Body

With the arrival of my new truck, FT GT2, I will need to start on a new body.

I have been throwing around many ideas, including some pre cut stuff. However I think I am going to go with the Monster Energy theme.

The claw will run down the hood, and "Monster Energy" on either side of the truck. The claw will be on the spoiler as well, off to the side at an angle.

The colors will be opposite of the can, because I want more bright colors. On the track, the curbs are black and it is shady on the back side. It is easy to loose the truck sometimes due to the shade. So the body will be green and yellow with the Logo in black, the words in yellow.

This is all an idea, and might possibly change, but so far I am digging it. Any suggestive tips. I will be using spray cans. I already know the trick of warm water before use and I will be picking up a few sheets of masking to do my cutting on.

Thanks

-bryan
Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 AM
kxbeastrider

Default RE: GT2 Body

Ok guys, quick question. I have started painting my body and did the black first, heavier colors first. Then I layed down the Floresent green next, however with the good thick coats I feel it is a bit to transparent. My next color is Floresent yellow. I picked up some pearl white to finish the truck off with as usual and I was debating if I should lay down the pearl white next before I put down the yellow, and still finish with the white at the end?

Any suggestions? I can wait till tomorrow afternoon or so because I want the coats I have down now to completely harden. All help is greatly appreciated. I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow if that helps.

-bryan
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, any colours that remain fairly transparent should be backed with white (or silver for extra metallic look) before moving onto the next layer of a different colour.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
kxbeastrider

Ok, I guess I will do that then.

-bryan
Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 PM
kxbeastrider

Ok, so I just put almost a full can of pearl white on and the the underside hardly shows any white at all. I mean it really didnt darken the color of the paints at all. Should I pick up some flat white or something and hit it with that or what? Hardly anything changed with that pearl white.

-bryan
Old 04-26-2007, 02:38 PM
MrN8

I typically back with Indy Silver or Sprint White from Pactra. It won't darken your colors all that much, but it does make them opaque.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
kxbeastrider

I picked up some flouresnt white/backing coat or what ever it is called. I am going to apply one my backing coat of white and it will be done. It has a few imperfections and what not, but over all I am rather pleased with it. I will be sure to post pics after it is cut up some. However I still have to build the truck, lol.

-bryan
Old 04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
kxbeastrider

PICTURE TIME!

I finished it up and took a few quick shots. They body isnt perfect, It could have turned out a bit better if I would have slowed down and used my head in a couple spots. But oh well. Here is the end result.

-Enjoy

-bryan
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM
lee172

looks cool, very clear, crisp styling, i looked at the first photo, and thought that was your finished body! [&:]
Old 04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
kxbeastrider

Yeah I guess I should have worded that differently.

I am liking it. I just wanna get the truck together now.

-bryan
Old 04-27-2007, 11:01 PM
MrN8

Looks good! The Monster logo fits the hood very well.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
kxbeastrider

Thanks. I spent a while trying to size the logo, and I spent forever trying to cut out the logo. Since the letters are individual, I left them connected in a way and ment to cut them out later before painting. We'll I forgot to do that, oops. But I think it looks ok still. That and I should have double checked my masking before I shot it too, cause there is some paint where I didn't want it in some sections.

Oh well, its a race body. It will be replaced next year probably.

-bryan