Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

looking for some help with colors....

Old 04-20-2007, 11:26 AM
crudeau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some help with colors....

Hello all. My wife got me a new body for my revo. It's the stocker. I masked some thin tribal flames onto the hood and the sides. I painted the bed (tonneau cover) with metallic black. I then painted the main body color with pactra metallic green. I backed it with outlaw black. The color is awesome and the liquid mask come off very nice. I am no stuck on what colors to paint the flames. I have a single action airbrush and a copule of pactra paints to use.

I have Blue streak and Indy silver in airbrush Pactra paint. Then I have spray can of pactra metallic black and outlaw black. I'm not that great with the airbrush, but I figure I can do a little bit of practing on a cut open pepsi bottle. Just curious what you guys thing would look the best. His is the basic design I have laid out....

These are the templates I used to make the design. The go down the side, and then I put the two together to cover the hood. The typical flame paint scheme. I'm just not thinking that the silver will look good as flame tips because of the green. And I don't have a lot of paint to keep painting a million times until I find the right color pattern.

Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86820.gif
Views:	9
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	668629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45225.gif
Views:	7
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	668630  
Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 PM
calvin33

Default RE: looking for some help with colors....

Like this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30322.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	668813  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:50 PM
elmnt4lfe127

i read it quickly, but it sounds like the whole thing is basically green, right? if so, i would go with metallic black outlined in silver.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:58 AM
SFC K

You can practice on a Two-litre bottle. Once you get the procedure down apply to your body. Practice and patience will pay off.