Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

completery screwd up my shell.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:14 AM
rmboi93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default completery screwd up my shell.

hey guys i have 1 0f those pre painted shells laying around at home. i have no idea what cAr its of, iv looked all ove the net n cant find 1 so im gussing its a cheap chinease 1 but it looks might good on my tl-01b. i tried many ways on trying to take the paint off (oven cleaner,brake fluid,turps-meth,petrol and even paint striper) and it got half way of taking the paint off with the paint striper then things went haywire, it went all clody everwere and just looks like a complete mess. is ther any way to get the rest of the paint off and get rid of the cloudyness?
cheers,
mick
Old 08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Turbocruiser13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: completery screwd up my shell.

I'm not 100% sure that you can get the cloudiness off of it, it's basically where the lexan is trying to melt on ya from all those chemicals you've put on it. Best advice would be either paint the outside of the shell or pick up another cheap chinese body lol. Bodies are pretty cheap though, so it wouldn't be too hard to buy a new one and paint it up nice then use the older one to bash around with.