Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

painting flames...what order/good color scheme?

Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

painting flames...what order/good color scheme?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM
dark96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting flames...what order/good color scheme?

Hi, I got me a new body and decided to put some flame works on it. My questions though, are 1) what is better, to go ahead and paint the body first, back it, then flames, or the reverse and go with flames first and then the body. 2) this next question is really to just get some opinions and ideas but the main color i'm going to be painting my body is a candy purple, and i was just curious what are some good colors that will stand out from it? I was thinking some lighter colors for the flames, but I wanted to try to make it stand out, and not really use typical colors. also, the flames are sorta gonna be done in a two color scheme. Well thanks for any feedback and help on the subject.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM
gkcontra

Default RE: painting flames...what order/good color scheme?

With a candy purple main color, you could go with metallic blue or green flames faded from white or go with white fading into flourescent yellow or pink.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 PM
dark96

Default RE: painting flames...what order/good color scheme?

cool thanks, i was thinking blue or green but wasnt srue if it would just sorta blend in with the candy purple, but thanks for the info. what bout a blue/green flame think that would work well together? also, should i paint the main first or the flames?