Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

My first airbrush attempt... So-so outcome but had FUN!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

My first airbrush attempt... So-so outcome but had FUN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first airbrush attempt... So-so outcome but had FUN!

Well, Dale's first shot at airbrushing. I bought the Testor's Aztek kit and some Faskolor to get started. The body looks like total crap, and well the stickers are in 'strategic' places. I had SO much fun airbrushing. I knew the body was going to be a science project and I didn't mind. It turned out ok. I need to get a regulator on my compressor, or inline anways. The current regulator is at 90psi. I set the tank pressure relief so it would hold around 40psi, but it would dip down sometimes and it showed.

I just now know that airbrushing my own bodies will now be a part the way I enjoy this hobby. I had a blast and it was much easier then I presumed. By the way, this is a PTI body. Looks like a Chevy Colorado though it isn't licensed.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Anomie

Default RE: My first airbrush attempt... So-so outcome but had FUN!

I think it looks pretty nice! The decals always help, I did the same thing on my first Gravedigger body to direct eyes away from my lousy paint skills

Fading can be tough, but I think you did good [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Beasley1

Default RE: My first airbrush attempt... So-so outcome but had FUN!

Looks nice. Way better than just a solid color. Great Job!