Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

need help for painting a body

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Matt (12 year old rc fanatic)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help for painting a body

ok well i just bought a proline body and pactra (lexan compatible paint).
well on the directions sheet for the proline body it says to paint the body on the outside, wait till it dries then pull the protective film off. is this correct. then the paint directions say apply on underside of body.
what is the correct method to painting a proline body
Old 12-25-2007, 12:36 AM
XJRichB

Default RE: need help for painting a body

Hey Matt. You want to paint in on the Inside of the body. That protective film on the outside is for overspray protection, and if you want to draw on the body to mark a paint design. Before you paint, wash the inside of the body with warm water and a little bit of dish detergent. This will get any great and dirt off of there, and grease left behind from the molding proces. Let it dry, apply your window masks, and any other masks you want to do inside, then paint away. Take it nice and slow.....multiple light coats are WAY better than heavy coats. Take your time, and your new paint will come out great!

Old 12-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Matt (12 year old rc fanatic)

ok cool well it is a ST body and i picked up some mteallic blue,black, and silver so its base color is going to be black with the silver and blue for like some cool designs on the side and top of the body
Old 12-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Nick2618

also a couple of tips i heard and will pass on.

Keep your hands clean. Wash them right before you apply mask or touch the inside of the body. You want to keep the grease off the inside of body that your hands naturally create.

ALso put the paint cans in warm water before you use them. They say it helps them spary smoother. NOt HOT water or boiling water. Just prolly about as hot as it will come out of the sink.

and like said before several light coats.