Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Chrome??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome??

hey just wondering what I did wrong
I painted the inside of the body with the chrome paint but it looks silver from the outside and chrome from the inside why??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96135.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	845205  
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 AM
RGX Blade

Default RE: Chrome??

by the way cool paint job, looks nice...

well a few things may have happened? now i'll have to "Assume" because you mentioned it "Still Looks Silver on The Inside"
you havent backed it with anything?
if not "Sometimes" not always but with non-Automotive grade paints say for Instance "Alclad" for the most part in general you have to spary them "Lightly" almost "Dusting them on" for the first couple of layers wait a minute or 2 then wipe them down with a soft cloth then go over it again....
so first layer real light, wait then wipe down a little just getting the surface over spray off, dust lightly again,repeat,

"Sometimnes" hitting it hard causes it to do just what you discribed, doesnt always happen but it can from time to time..
using products from Alsa or House of Kolor type chrome paint will Yeild better results......
best part with "ALSA Chrome" you can "CLEAR COAT", something you can't do with other chrome paints....

on the other hand?
if you have backed with anything other than a Water Based paint?? say if you hit it with a clear lacquer? or anything else it will also do what you discribed...but usually will almost always turn the inside a "Dull Silver" as well....
so may have been from hitting with too much paint at first, it happens ,the next time get a piece of scrap lexan, and try a tiny bit to get the best result for your application...
if you have any other Questions please feel free to write us at
[email protected]
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

thats prob exactly wat happen I layed it down the paint a lil thick i noticed wen I was paiinting so thats the cause prob
thanks alot
Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

i use spaz stix chrome, and you need to use this as it says on the sight to the letter. follow directions to the letter, and it wil come out fine, spray at 15" from surface ( fine) use multiple coats. and back with white or silver, not the black like thay tell you to. and it will come out shiney like you want it to.