Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

My First Body......Your feedbacks Please

Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

My First Body......Your feedbacks Please

Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
charlieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Body......Your feedbacks Please

Its actually my 2nd attempt, the first one was ruined when i applied the backing colour!! A friend of mine restored it by painting it on the outside!

This one was almost ruined as well when i applied the backing colour, not sure why that is, but i guess if the paints aren't compatible then they will tend to warp and crack when overlapped. For this body i used Pactra lexan paints only. This body took me lets see..........3 days to prep, trim and paint with rattle cans only.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
MaxxThrasher

Default RE: My First Body......Your feedbacks Please

Not too bad for a rattle can job! Nice fade in the front! You even have some shadows done with rattle can, that is hard to achieve, nice touch.
You are right about the paint not being compatible. That is more then likely what went wrong. Especially if the paint has not had time to completely dry and cure before the next coat is applied.
Make sure to apply each coat very thin and let dry before moving on to your next coat. You may have to apply 3 or 4 coats for complete coverage. This will ensure good adhesion and minimize mishaps.

Good job!
Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
DelRay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking paint job and scheme. I like the color selections you used. Your three days of effort were worth the time spent.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 PM
RCUSEE

very nice for your first time... i remember my first bodies [:'(]
but without that shadow stuff at the "waterdrops" it would have looked even better, nice concept still
Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 PM
187maximus

whoa, 3 days?. dam, its cool tho, i did my first ever body like yesterday, and i bought the body and everything got home took me like 3 hours and it was done, all i did was pask the inside stripes, then bought some pactra paint, metallic black and blue, and painted away, i dont like theyre paints, it spits and makes spots and everything, but yea, look at my pics, its one like the first couple threads, its named, My first painted body , ever" ...something like that..but yea, painting bodies are soooooo fun to me, its like,, orgasmic,no homo.but yea its hella fun...cool fade in the front, i wonder how u do that...good job tho...
Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 AM
charlieboy

ORIGINAL: 187maximus

whoa, 3 days?. dam, its cool tho, i did my first ever body like yesterday, and i bought the body and everything got home took me like 3 hours and it was done, all i did was pask the inside stripes, then bought some pactra paint, metallic black and blue, and painted away, i dont like theyre paints, it spits and makes spots and everything, but yea, look at my pics, its one like the first couple threads, its named, My first painted body , ever" ...something like that..but yea, painting bodies are soooooo fun to me, its like,, orgasmic,no homo.but yea its hella fun...cool fade in the front, i wonder how u do that...good job tho...

I agree with you, the pactra paints spits and leaves solid particles on the paint. I used a sponge to rub off some of the solids each time the after the paint dried. I don't think i'll use this paint again. I had a look at your first body it looked pretty good. I don't think i like the idea of painting a body in black tho, brighter colours are more visible!!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
BIGCA
My Feedback: (2)

i have never painted a body before. going to my first soon. i watched a video from xxx main on youtube.com they say to hold the can upside down and sray on some cardboard to clean the tip out. like i sed i have never done this before but i hop it works. i sugest the videos to anyone it was very good info
Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Griffin-CA

I think it looks great. Personally, I would have tried foregone the checkered flags but that is totally my personal opinion and I don't want you to think that I don't like the job you did.

Top-Notch.

BTW - Don't listen to me. I don't even own a truck yet let alone having to paint a body.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Soothsayerman

Nice job!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Looks good man! Too bad you ruined it by putting it on a t-maxx.

Just kidding! It does look sweet.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Lee-UK

good work mate
Old 03-11-2008, 05:28 PM
charlieboy

ORIGINAL: brett65

Looks good man! Too bad you ruined it by putting it on a t-maxx.

Just kidding! It does look sweet.
Haha ha, i'm hoping all the guys who like you don't think very highly of the maxx will give it a 2nd thought when they see this body!!