Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

question...

Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
justinep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question...

I am in the middle of restoring an old classic rc. The original paint is shot, cracked and so on (painted on the indide of the shell). I obviously dont want to strip the paint from the inside since the lexan will fog and this body is no longer available to purchase. Since it will a shelf queen... can I paint the exterior? If I stripped the stickers off and laid a primer base and then gloss coats of the desired color, would this work? I have a few cans of enamle based Testors, should be ok?!

any help would be great!

thanks,
Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM
RcRacer37E

Default RE: question...

Ive used brake fluid to remove paint before. Might try that on a small part first before you cover the body. Might also try ebay for a body, Ive seen alot of vintage rc stuff as of late.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
justinep

BEEN LOOKING FOREVER, NO DICE. THNX
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
bluecaka69

what car is it also brake fluid works well and doesnt mess up lexan soak it overnight and paint will peel right off
Old 02-28-2008, 08:19 PM
justinep

wow! I had no idea! I will give it a try...

I put brakefluid on the inside shell with no dilluting and keep covering the who car and working it in, and then let it sit overnight?

By morning the paint should come off w ease and then I am guessing washing the shell heavily before painting process procedes!?

thanks guys!