Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Will just an air tank work?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM
tbfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will just an air tank work?

I want to try my hand at airbrushing and I'm looking for a way to keep my cost down. It can be expensive to have to buy everything all at once. I'm planning on getting the Iwata Revelotion CR airbrush. For my air source I was wondering if I could simply use an air tank? I could get it filled with air at a local shop. I'm talking a tank like what you find under a gas grill. I have a older tank that used to have propane gas in it. It is empty now. The new modern tanks have baffles and stuff inside of them but I have a old tank still sitting around here. Can I use that somehow? I might have to take the valve off of it and wash out the insides to be sure there is no residue. Would that hold enough air to complete a RC body?

Thanks for your input,
tbfoto
Old 03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
rawvoodoo

Default RE: Will just an air tank work?

you might try a can of compressed air. They make them especially for airbrushes It s called "Propel" I think. One can should get you through a body or two they are like 7 bucks or so per can if I remember correctly or wait a bit and get this...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93657

60 bucksisnt bad for a compressor. Hope that helps
Old 03-09-2008, 02:19 AM
BANKRUPTER

Default RE: Will just an air tank work?

I had modded a scuba tank leftover from my paint ball days. 3000 psi goes for a bit on a lil airbrush added a regulator to the paint ball fill station. No need for a water sep on this too clean air ..
I picked up a compressor for my shop. After deciding to go big Keep in mind you don't need a lil air brush compressor. But there ALLOT!!!!!!!!! louder In a hobby room or basement.