Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

body cracks

Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
crash dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body cracks

how do you guys fix the cracks in your bodies and is there a way to biuld up the corners to make them stronger.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 AM
rcluke

Default RE: body cracks

fiberglass tape or battery strapping tape.

i did mine with sticky back plastic, the stuff you cover books in

it works pretty well, but i did the whole front end with a few layers of the stuff
Old 04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
DARKWAV

Default RE: body cracks

Shoe Goo from a shoe repair shop.

It's clear and flexible. I gave it a try and was surprized at how well it works to repair cracks and reinforce areas succeptible to wear and tear. If needed to hold the crack together or patch a hole you can use some excess polycarbonate/Lexan (save the trimmings when you paint-up a clear shell) as backing material. LHS should stock plastic sheet material...I think the clear is polycarbonate but not sure. The white is styrene. Styrene .020 or .030 can work as backing material too, but I've found that styrene needs to be incased with the Shoe Goo on both sides otherwise the styrene won't last...so the polycarbonate is the best way to go.