Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

what kinda gear to get started in air brushing, other than compressor?

Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

what kinda gear to get started in air brushing, other than compressor?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kinda gear to get started in air brushing, other than compressor?

I'm going to be ordering myself up a nice new higher end air compressor in a couple weeks, and I was coming to think, it would be good for getting in to RC air brushing as well as the other uses I have for it.

Could someone give me some ideas of what I need to get in to it? One of the major things I think I would need is some sort of condensation filter for the compressor itself.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 PM
supamagician

Default RE: what kinda gear to get started in air brushing, other than compressor?

hm im not sure. i would just use a spray can, then for the finer details, just hook an inexpensive airbrush up to a co2 tank ( i heard somewhere that you can do this )
Old 04-19-2008, 08:58 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: what kinda gear to get started in air brushing, other than compressor?

That's kinda totally opposite to what I was asking but thanks.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
regg151

basicly you will need a moisture trap and a good dual action airbrush their are several brands to choose from most will push Iwata but there are others out there Parma is about to release a gravity feed airbrush in the next few weeks made to spray their brand of water base paints (yes it will work with other brands as well) there is also passache also coming out with a brand new gravity feed brush and the list goes on.

Most guys that paint R/C go for the gravity feed brush over the siphon feed mainly because we aren't using all that much paint and is easier to move around while painting tight areas of the body, and you also need less pressure to spray from a gravity feed gun VS a siphon feed gun.

For more tips and info on all things R/C painting related try checking out this site www.cfxpaintworks.com Personally I think it's the 1 spot on the web to get good info on R/C painting.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Nan On Fire

CFX is a great site, just been on it and registered and i like the looks of it