Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

just a quick question for people.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 PM
harley05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a quick question for people.

just wondering how many people out there stick to basic shell painting like i do, it might just be me but when it comes to painting shells, i like mine very simple. usually just the one colour or occasionally maby some raceing stripes.
i have 8 shells that i frequently use and 4 that i use as my display shells(i have 4 nitros) only 2 of My shells are two toned.
one has a carbon fiber decal on the bonnet, but the other 5......solid colours. i like my cars to look as realiatic as possible the other weird thing i do is i have a set of wheels for each shell, and i wont take my cars for a strapp unless the it has the right shell and wheels on it. is anyone else like this or am i just strange???
Old 06-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Paradoxmaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just a quick question for people.

I suscribe to the old adage....Keep it simple stupid.

My Rc's have simple 2 or 3 color basic designs with maybe some stripes thown in. Personally, yeah a nice airbrushed full on desiged truflame paintjob is sharp, but when your looking at sometimes up to $100 for a painted shell... thats a waste of mony to me for somethign thats disposable and will get tore up.