Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

RC Car with Neon and Interactive LED's

Old 08-11-2008, 02:13 PM
RCLightsKits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Car with Neon and Interactive LED's

Here is my latest body, The Body is from Hot Works Racing, the car is a Losi XXX-S... It use Led Lights Kit from http://www.rclightskits.com and feature interactive Brakes, Reverse and Left/Right Turn Signal that acctually works with the receiver without any mechanical switch involved, also feature On/Off/Police Style Headlights&Fogs that can be switch remotely as well as 3 green Led-Neon...

You can also watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPBle8bP4Eg

Please visit our website,

Thanks for watching
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36638.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1008986  
Old 08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Car with Neon and Interactive LED's

those lights look great for a shelf queen, not too keen on using them while actually driving them....i'd use a light-bar for my monster truck tho [8D]
Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
RCLightsKits

If you dont bash and just drift thats fine and pretty cool to drive at night, I actually do have a LST monster truck with similar led setup and bash it pretty hard and never broke any led, but thats just me...

But yeah for a shelf queen thats great.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 AM
hspower

nice the neons make it very effective
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM
bitici

Thats awesome, I was thinking of getting a LED kit just they other Night when i was running my Evader. I Didn't think led programmers could do that. I Know of Solid On, Strobe, and that about it. I Didn't know the colors could cycle like that. Two thumbs up.

To sfar785, Why does it have to be a Shelf Queen? Just Cuz his kit looks more classy and stylish than the Average Basher's doesn't make it a shelf queen. I DO know what you mean about the flashing lights while driving though, Good point.

Sweet rid man, and Nice Paint job!

Just checked your site out and it seems you have good prices, $40 for a control module, Thats cheaper than Tower hobbies. What kind of shipping and Security do you offer?

To RCLightsKit, Awesome Video and Kit, I like the Music also, What Instrument is being played, sounds kinda Chinese. What Kind of Programing/ Controller kit do you have in their( The one on your youtube Video) The Blue car? ALSO, I've been looking for just the right wing to fit on my 1/10 scale Electric Cuda and i think YOUR wing is the one I'm looking for. Where can i order that wing(Blue Car),,You know? Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
RCLightsKits

Bitici,

The blue car video is not from me unfortunatly, it must be a related video that youtube show you after my video, but we also do have a color changing neon prototype in the works, coder is still working on the programing code so it's not up for sale yet, but should come soon, it simply use RGB leds with a microcontroler to change the colors and frequency, by playing with the color mix you can get a lot of color on from a single RGB led, on the video with the orange Nissan 350Z, we use a Mode 4 & 5 kit AKA Deluxe kit + 3 green neon as addon...
Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
bitici

yeah i noticed that after i posted, My bad. I really got to get a Led under car kit. I need one for when i bash im my yard, on the roads at night. It's to hard trying to see something going so fast while its dark out. I'm Not really interested in a flashing kit but more of a solid under glow kit for my Evader. BUT For my 71' Cuda, i'll need Head lights,Tail lights, brake and back-up lights. Strobes make me dizzy. If i were to order one of your kits,, how long would it take to get to PA?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
RCLightsKits

We do have under car neon that you can use on the kit, and as for flashing headlights, actually you can turn them off, turn them solid on and have them flash, you change the display mode by giving 3 fast throttle inputs... if you look on the mode table page we have on the website, i'm sure you'll find the mode you need, as for shipping to the US it usualy take between 5 to 10 days, we also give tracking number.

Personaly I did install a mode 3 kit in my LST monster truck, and bash it at night at the local motocross track, with front and rear lights on, its easy to see at night where the car is facing and going, even from a good distance, these led's are really strong, next time I bash at night I'll make a video.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:54 PM
dkastil

yah at sundown it gets hard to se your car i want just white in front red in back ,and i want to control them from my 3rd channel on my 3pk just on or off. Can it be done ? thanks
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
RCLightsKits

ORIGINAL: dkastil

yah at sundown it gets hard to se your car i want just white in front red in back ,and i want to control them from my 3rd channel on my 3pk just on or off. Can it be done ? thanks
Yes this can be done with a custom led control module, we can modify the software to allow 3 pairs which can be toggle from your 3rd channel, but the 3 always on pairs will still be always on... this can be made by adding a 7th mode to your custom led control module or by having only your custom mode into the device.

Thank You
Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 PM
JLRevo

RcLightKit Shot me a pm with some part numbers. I'm very interested. Just got my Revo in June. Check out my gallery.