Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Years Ago....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Bump_Grant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Years Ago....

I don't know if this is the forum I was on years ago (~03-05 i'd say) but whichever I was on had some of the SICKEST painters. It wasn't your typical scalloped race cars or anything. I remember one guy that went by I believe "ilovebudlightinmyhand" or similar that did a vegas theme car that was absofrigginlutely amazing. Few others did some amazing detail work as well.

Am I in the right place? Any of you guys been here that long? I wanna say the banner up top was some offroad rides, maybe t/ maxx or similar. It's a stretch I know.....just curious. I dont even remember my name from back then.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:09 PM
WalkerBoh
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Years Ago....

There is a lot of talent here for sure. Not sure if it's the same place you were before. I would also suggest everyone check out CFX paintworks. There's a ton of talent there as well.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:12 PM
evil3

Not sure about who you are talking about, but the main reason most of us paint things a certain way is that is because that is what most of the people want. So you will see things that seems like every one is doing it, but that is because that is the way the market is right now. Who knows things might change later on and theame shells will be in again.

And yes CFX paintworks is a really nice site. (I am a member on there as well)
Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Bump_Grant

definitely not taking anything away from those on here doing "race" shells, its more than i could do. i just remember back then it seemed like everyone was doing some sick almost mural style work. i wish i had pics still