Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

airbrush question

Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
MTpockets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbrush question

i am looking to get an airbrush for my birthday. which is better, gravity feed or siphon feed? right now i am looking at the iwatta revolution cr, the iwatta eclipse hp-cs or the paasche vl doube action. let me know what you guys think.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:40 AM
RGX Blade

Default RE: airbrush question

well as a "Automotive painter" at our shop we use Iwata's....but the others are good as well....for most of the Students that take our classes we have them "Start Out" with the Eclipse series....
there a little easier to deal with for cleaning and such..."For Us".....again the others are good as well...we happen to find those a little easier...
for examples of various ideas of how Versitile the Eclipse series are take a look at the RGX Site.....
www.RGXRacing.com

as well if you have any other Questions hit up Mike there at RGX.....he's "ONE" of the painters there....
Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
MTpockets

i ended up ordering the iwatta revolution cr with compressor w/ tank. i cant wait for it to get here.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:16 AM
makoman1860
My Feedback: (1)

Good Choice!
I have one with the Iwata "triple action" handle kit installed, makes cleaning a lot faster. Its pretty much my primary brush, along with my Iwata HP-C plus, Kustom Hi-Line TH, Tamiya HGTT, and Testors A7778 Aztek. Ive got one of the Parma Gravity F-1 brushes as well, I think its being used to hold up a corner of the work bench.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
KerbyKustoms
My Feedback: (6)

I started on and continue to use an Iwata eclipse. Has served me well.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
MTpockets

i painted my first body with it, it turned out alright. down in thread 'my new revo body'
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 PM
westphill24

I bought the Iwata BCS and Im really happy with it, fine and broad lines are no problem. Besides working on my air pressure and paint texture its great.