Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Body Outline

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 PM
timkirkland1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Outline

Hey guys, new to the site. Lots of great info.
My question is this, is there somewhere I can get a drawing of a R/C car/truck body, an outline if you will. Something to lay out my ideas on before I start spraying paint all over my fresh body?? Thanks for the help.

Traxxas Revo 2.5 (trying to get race ready)
Old 01-01-2009, 11:03 AM
hotrodlincoln886

Default RE: Body Outline

that would be cool to have but i just recently tried drawing my idea on the outside of the body with a dry erase marker,then you can erase and redo and fine tune your idea. i just liquid mask the inside of the body and then draw my idea with the dry erase and fine tune it. then when your idea is the way you like it and the liquid mask is dry just trace the design on the inside of the body with a permanent marker. And if ur gonna do a pinstripe around flames or something else use a sharpie with rounded tip like one that's been used for a while to rihgt on cardboard or somwthing else hard then you have a wide enough stripe to cut to the inside and the outside of the line to make perfect stripes if u can cut that steady. hope this helps. oh and i havn't tried the dri erase on bodies without the protective film on them i don't know if bodies are still sent out without the film but incase there not try it in a not so noticeable spot. hope this helps
Old 01-01-2009, 11:51 PM
timkirkland1

Default RE: Body Outline

Thanks man, that sounds like a good way of doing it. I was just trying to get something that I could lay colors on and stuff to see how well they worked together, I might try to draw something up myself, not the best artist but as long as it get the job done. Thanks for the input!!