Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Realistic flames on Legends Body

Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 AM
makoman1860
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realistic flames on Legends Body

Hi Guys,
First time posting one of my bodies, a fellow at work has a son who races Legends at the local dirt oval. As a Christmas present I painted this body for him to replace what remained of his old one. He is in love with the "realistic flames" so it had to have them, and I figured the color contrast would make it easier to drive on the track. The paints are all faskolor/createx with the candies being made with Future, with a touch of adhesion promoter added. Simple masking and a painting time of about 2 and a half hours if you include masking and trimming out the body. The Grille was outlined with a pearl silver and backed up with a dark grey. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18019.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	1102993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10233.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1102994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77898.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	1102995  
Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
KerbyKustoms
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Realistic flames on Legends Body

Not bad. What kind of paint did you use for that?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
makoman1860
My Feedback: (1)

Createx opaques and pearls, the candy colors were made with Future as the base adding createx colors as the pigment. Auto-Air adhesion promoter was also used. This was my first attempt at the "real fire" look. This is a racing car so I wanted the fire to be very bright and contrast so he could tell the direction of the car quickly without having to focus on it.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Stalefish

Here's a link from theairbrushforum.com that explains some techniques on how to do Tru-Flame.... it's harder than it looks [:@] [link=http://theairbrushforum.com/tips-tricks-how-tos-paint-airbrush/557-true-flame-colors-how-what-colors-use.html]True Flame Colors - How To (What Colors to Use)[/link]