Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Airbrush Troubles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
svavrek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbrush Troubles?

I have an entry-level airbrush kit with a small compressor and a gravity-feed airbrush... I got it from "Airbrush City" (?) and it used to work great but lately its not been spraying right. I took the ENTIRE gun apart today and cleaned everything very well and put a new needle in and it worked fine for 2 minutes then died again, whats happening is when I pull back on the needle and push down for air to come in I don't think ENOUGH air is getting in becuase the stream of paint is dying out very fast and I have only luck when I use quick short "blasts" of the gun... There is no model # on the compressor but if it is like painting a real car, I would assume and be safe guessing that I need more air coming thru the lines... I am using the Faskolor paints without any type of thinner... I am curious if anyone's run into this problem, or if there are any bits of advice out there for me? What compressor/gun combo are you all using?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 AM
dakamat

Default RE: Airbrush Troubles?

First, with Faskolor you need to use at least 35-40psi of air.
Second, try to reduce your paint with the faskolor thiner, this help alot.
Third, make sure you have clean your airbrush very well, and the most important part to clean is the nozzle, it's hard to clean because the hole is very small, but take a thootpick, and with the help of an x-acto, try to separate the thootpick in somes thin and long pieces, and put this pieces on water for about half an hour.
After that, try to pas this small pieces of thootpick thrue the nozzle several time, you'll see that alot of dried paint should go out of your nozzle.

If you can buy the createx restorer, it's the best product i've find to clean the dried paint in nozle.

Hope this help
Old 02-16-2009, 07:50 PM
svavrek

Default RE: Airbrush Troubles?

Yes, it does. May I ask though... Thinner + Faskolor = too thin? What is a mix ratio? I'm liking the coverage of the Faskolor WHEN it covers... if it is thinned, will it color as good or not really?