Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies
Reload this Page >

What kind of white paint for spraying over fluorescent?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

What kind of white paint for spraying over fluorescent?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:05 AM
MyStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of white paint for spraying over fluorescent?

Hi all!

I'm painting my FIRST lexan body and need a little help.

Here's the fluorescent paint I purchased: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCY36

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCY40 This paint says it's an "Opaque White Fluorescent Covercoat". Is this the correct paint to spray over the fluorescent paint I purchased? Also, what would be the difference in appearance between this paint and just using ordinary white paint to spray over the fluorescent?

Oh, this paint will hold up to nitro, won't it?

Thanks for your feedback!

Don
Old 04-09-2009, 07:04 PM
MyStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What kind of white paint for spraying over fluorescent?

I wanted to share this info with others. I called Testor's who carries the Pactra line today. They said I bought the correct white paint to cover the fluorescent as this white paint is specifically made for fluorescent paints and will really bring out that fluorescent look and make the color really "pop".

Also, they said this paint is fuel "resistant", but not fuel proof and suggested using their RC5801 which is a fuel proof sealer, but requires an airbrush.

Hope this helps someone!

Don